Minnesota Orchestra family concerts offer a perfect opportunity to get your family together for a special outing. Enjoy cherished holiday music, go on a musical adventure or learn about music in a fun way.
About This Concert:
Join us for an inclusive experience designed for audiences of all ages and abilities, featuring a musician or small ensemble from the Minnesota Orchestra and talented guest musicians from the audience!
- David Brubaker, violin
- Joanne Opgenorth, violin
- Gareth Zehngut, viola
- Minji Choi, cello
- Lyndie Walker, host
- The Minnesota Orchestra’s Sensory-Friendly Concerts are inclusive experiences for audiences of all ages and abilities, including individuals on the autism spectrum and those with sensory sensitivities.
- Concerts take place in a relaxed environment where audience members are welcome to be who they are and enjoy music with family and friends.
- Lyndie Walker, MT-BC, of Toneworks Music Therapy Services hosts these concerts in the Target Atrium.
- Fidgets, noise-canceling headphones, and quiet spaces are available at all Sensory-Friendly Concerts, and attendees can also access online preparatory materials (available four weeks before the concert).
- Stand-alone chairs provide for flexible seating and open space is available for those who wish to sit on the floor or move around the room.