Looking to exchange your tickets?
May 1 Update
Your health and safety during the Coronavirus outbreak is our top priority, which is why Earthbound Expeditions’ exclusive, privately chartered Danube Voyage with Minnesota Public Radio and the Minnesota Orchestra, originally scheduled for October 2020, is being postponed to October 2021 (exact trip dates coming soon). If you have already booked this trip, please contact the Earthbound Expeditions office at 1-800-723-8454 to discuss your options in more detail.
April 14 Update
19-20 Concert Season Restructure
We have restructured our 2019-2020 concert season, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Designed to delay all concerts until August, our revised concert calendar reschedules numerous performances and cancels all others through June 13; postpones all Summer at Orchestra Hall concerts and activities until summer 2021; and includes five-newly added weeks of concerts in August and September to accommodate the rescheduled concerts. Featuring Orchestra musicians as soloists, the August performances will be led by Music Director Osmo Vänskä and Associate Conductor Akiko Fujimoto. All ticketholders will be notified directly of these changes later this week and offered a variety of options around their tickets.
The following concerts and events have been rescheduled:
Cloud Cult with the Minnesota Orchestra
Friday, March 20, 2020, 8 p.m. to Monday, January 18, 2021, 7:30 p.m.**
Saturday, March 21, 2020, 8 p.m. to Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 7:30 p.m.**
Music & Meditation
Monday, March 23, Noon to Monday, August 17, Noon
Vänskä Conducts Scheherazade
Thursday, April 2, 11 a.m. to Thursday, September 3, 11 a.m.
Friday, April 3, 8 p.m. to Friday, September 4, 8 p.m.
Saturday, April 4, 8 p.m. to Saturday, September 5, 8 p.m.
Music & Meditation
Monday, April 27, Noon to Friday, August 28, Noon
Park and Ainomäe Play Brahms
Friday, May 1, 8 p.m. to Friday, August 28, 8 p.m.
Saturday, May 2, 8 p.m. to Saturday, August 29, 8 p.m.
Saturday, May 9, 11 a.m. to Saturday, October 3, 11 a.m.
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Now Park and Ainomäe Play Brahms)
Thursday, May 14, 11 a.m. to Thursday, August 27, 11 a.m.*
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Now Fei Xie Plays Mozart)
Friday, May 15, 8 p.m. to Thursday, August 13, 7:30 p.m.*
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Now Anthony Ross Plays Tales of Hemingway)
Saturday, May 16, 8 p.m. to Saturday, August 22, 8 p.m.*
Ross, Stravinsky and Mozart (Now Anthony Ross Plays Tales of Hemingway)
Friday, May 29, 8 p.m. to Friday, August 21, 8 p.m.*
Yoga at Orchestra Hall
Sunday, May 31, 10 a.m. to Sunday, November 8, 10 a.m.
Fei Xie Plays Mozart
Friday, June 5, 8 p.m. to Friday, August 14, 8 p.m.
Vänskä Conducts Mahler Symphony No. 9
Wednesday, June 10, 8 p.m. to Sunday, June 27, 2021, 2 p.m.**
Saturday, June 13, 8 p.m. to Saturday, June 26, 2021, 8 p.m.**
Vänskä Conducts Mahler Symphony No. 9 (Now Anthony Ross Plays Tales of Hemingway)
Friday, June 12, 8 p.m. to Thursday, August 20, 7:30 p.m.*
Symphony for the Cities: Hudson
Wednesday, July 15, 7:30 p.m. to Monday, August 3, 7:30 p.m.
Symphony for the Cities: Lake Harriet
Monday, July 13, 7:30 p.m. to Wednesday, August 5, 7:30pm
Symphony for the Cities: Plymouth
Tuesday, July 14, 8:30 p.m. to Thursday, August 6, Time TBC
*Rescheduled concerts on these dates will have a different program than originally planned. Check website for details.
**Note that these concerts are rescheduled for 2021.
The following Summer at Orchestra Hall concerts and events have been postponed to summer 2021. An updated schedule will be announced later this year.
- Friday, July 17, 8 p.m. / Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony
- Saturday, July 18, Noon-Midnight / International Day of Music
- Saturday, July 18, 7:30 p.m. / City of Bells on Peavey
- Friday, July 24, 8 p.m. / Beethoven's Emperor Concerto
- Saturday, July 25, 8 p.m. / Off the Score
- Saturday, July 25, 10 p.m. / Candlelight Chamber Music
- Sunday, July 26, 2 p.m. / Relaxed Family Concert: Beethoven the Bold
- Thursday, July 30, & 31 / Beethoven's Fifth Symphony
- Saturday, August 1, 8 p.m. / Beethoven The Artist's Influence
- Saturday, August 1, 10 p.m. / Candlelight Chamber Music
- Thursday, August 6, 11 a.m. / Grand Piano Spectacular
- Friday, August 7, 8 p.m. / Beethoven's Birthday Bash
- Saturday, August 8 & 9 / Disney's Fantasia
The following concerts have been cancelled:
- Wednesday and Thursday, May 6 & 7 / Young People's Concert: American Riffs
- Friday and Saturday, May 8 & 9 / Troupe Vertigo
- Thursday, May 28, 11 a.m. / Ross, Stravinsky and Mozart
- Saturday, May 30, 6 p.m. / Symphony in 60: Mozart Jupiter Symphony
- Sunday, May 31, 2 p.m. / Chamber Music Series Finale
- Thursday, June 4, 11 a.m. / Fei Xie Plays Mozart
March 27 Update
TEMPORARY CLOSURE: Orchestra Hall Stage Door and Minnesota Orchestra Administrative Office
Orchestra Hall Stage Door and the Minnesota Orchestra Administrative Office, located in International Centre, will be temporarily closed through May 8, 2020, in accordance with current recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Check back to confirm updated business hours.
March 16 Update
All Minnesota Orchestra Concerts Now Cancelled Through April 27
We have cancelled or postponed additional concerts through April 27, 2020, as a preventative action against the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Ticketholders will receive official communication from the Minnesota Orchestra on Tuesday, March 17.
- Thursday, March 26, 2020, 6 p.m. / MNSOTA Middle Level Orchestra Festival [will be rescheduled]
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 10 a.m. / Open Rehearsal: Vänskä Conducts Scheherazade
- Thursday, April 2, 2020, 11 a.m. / Vänskä Conducts Scheherazade
- Friday, April 3, 2020, 8 p.m. / Vänskä Conducts Scheherazade
- Saturday, April 4, 2020, 8 p.m. / Vänskä Conducts Scheherazade
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 7:30 p.m. / Pint of Music: LTD Brewing Company
- Thursday, April 9, 2020, 11 a.m. / Hadelich, Britten and Brahms
- Friday, April 10, 2020, 8 p.m. / Hadelich, Britten and Brahms
- Saturday, April 11, 2020, 8 p.m. / Hadelich, Britten and Brahms
- April 20-25 / Common Chords Austin
- Monday, April 27, 2020, 12 p.m. / Musical Mindfulness Onstage at Orchestra Hall [will be rescheduled]
What to do with your tickets
For events with a date in the future, you may manage your tickets online. You may exchange, return for credit or return as a tax-deductible donation.
For events with a date in the past, if you have not already managed your tickets, we will automatically bank the value of your tickets for future use.
March 13 Update
Concert cancellation: Cameron Carpenter at Northrop
The University of Minnesota announced today that they are closing all major venues to the public as a preventative action against the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, the Cameron Carpenter at Northrop concerts on March 27 and 28 have been cancelled. Ticketholders will receive official communication from the Minnesota Orchestra on Monday, March 16.
March 12 Update
Minnesota Orchestra Concerts Cancelled Through March 23
The Minnesota Orchestra is cancelling two weeks of concert performances and events—beginning tomorrow, Friday, March 13 and running through Monday, March 23—in an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All ticketholders are being notified directly of the cancellations and offered a variety of options around their tickets.
The Orchestra will perform the Friday, March 13, concert for radio broadcast only. Led by conductor Juanjo Mena and featuring pianist Kirill Gerstein, the performance will be held at Orchestra Hall without a live audience. Listeners can tune in to Classical MPR 99.5 FM in the Twin Cities or stream at classicalmpr.org worldwide beginning at 8 p.m., CDT.
The Cloud Cult collaboration with the Minnesota Orchestra slated for Friday, March 20, and Saturday, March 21, will be rescheduled. The new dates will be communicated directly to ticketholders as soon as they are available. The Orchestra will announce on or before Tuesday, March 24 whether any additional concerts on its calendar will be cancelled.
The following concerts have been cancelled
- Friday, March 13, 2020, 8 p.m. / Gerstein Plays Rachmaninoff [offered as a live broadcast only]
- Saturday, March 14, 2020, 8 p.m. / Gerstein Plays Rachmaninoff
- Sunday, March 15, 2020, 2 p.m. / Gerstein Plays Rachmaninoff
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 10 a.m. and 11:35 a.m. / Young People’s Concerts: Music Around the Globe
- Thursday, March 19, 2020, 10 a.m. and 11:35 a.m. / Young People’s Concerts: Music Around the Globe
- Friday, March 20, 2020, 8 p.m. / Cloud Cult [will be rescheduled]
- Saturday, March 21, 2020, 8 p.m. / Cloud Cult [will be rescheduled]
- Sunday, March 22, 2020, 2 p.m./ Relaxed Family Concert: Star Wars and Beyond
- Sunday, March 22, 2020, 4:30 p.m. / Chamber Music: Memories and Melodies
- Monday, March 23, 2020, 12 p.m. / Musical Mindfulness [will be rescheduled]
The Minnesota Orchestra Ticket Services Office will be directly in touch with all ticketholders. For maximum efficiency, ticketholders are encouraged wait to receive communication from the Orchestra that will outline a variety of options around their tickets.
March 11 Update
The health and welfare of Minnesota Orchestra audiences, musicians and staff is foremost in our minds, and we’d like to share a few updates with you relating to our COVID-19 planning.
The Orchestra is regularly monitoring information coming from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Minnesota Department of Health, and we are following their recommended guidelines. There are currently no changes to our upcoming concert schedule. A few additional measures we have put in place:
- We’ve redoubled efforts to clean and sanitize Orchestra Hall before and after all concerts;
- For your convenience, we are currently waiving all ticket exchange fees to allow for maximum flexibility.
We encourage all patrons who feel unwell to stay home and our Ticket Services Department will be happy to adjust your tickets. Log in to your account at any time to manage your tickets online or contact Ticket Services during regular business hours for assistance or with questions.
We will continue to post updates to this page as needed.
Thank you for your support of the Minnesota Orchestra.