About This Concert:
Saint-Saëns' masterpiece for two pianos and orchestra will feature Young People’s Concerto Competition winner Emma Taggart and her brother Jacob Taggart as soloists. Writer Shane Hawley will also perform his original poetry inspired by the magical Carnival of Animals.
- Minnesota Orchestra
- Yaniv Segal, conductor
- Shane Hawley, poet and host
- Minnesota Dance Theatre, dance ensemble
- Emma Taggart, piano
- Jacob Taggart, piano
Finale from William Tell Overture / 4 min
Promenade (“The Real McCoy”), from Shall We Dance, arr. Berkowitz / 4 min
Pictures at an Exhibition, orchestrated by Maurice Ravel, Mvmts. IV and V / 5 min
Danse des cygnes, Act II Scene 13 (III & IV) from Swan Lake / 5 min
Carnival of the Animals / 22 min
Going to Orchestra Hall Pre-Visit Story | Versión en español | Qaybta af Somaliga
Carnival of the Animals Pre-Visit Story (pdf)
- Join us for an inclusive concert experience sure to delight audiences of all ages and abilities! All seats $12. One-hour concert in a relaxed environment. No intermission.
- Audiences will hear all of their favorite animals, including the Swan, the Elephant, Kangaroos, Lions, Birds and Fish.
- Rounding out the program will be the exciting Overture to William Tell and three additional pieces inspired by animals.
- Featured poet Shane Hawley is a writer and performer from Saint Paul, Minnesota. He is a 2010 National Poetry Slam Champion and the author of ABC Death, a hilarious, macabre picture book about the tricky interactions between humans and animals, published by Button Poetry.
- Participate in lobby activities (11:45am-12:45pm and 2pm-2:45pm), including opportunities to try orchestral instruments, engage in creative movement, participate in art-making, learn more about the program and meet Minnesota Orchestra musicians.
Sensory-Friendly Family Concerts:
- The Minnesota Orchestra’s Sensory-Friendly Concerts are inclusive experiences for audiences of all ages and abilities, including individuals on the autism spectrum and those with sensory sensitivities.
- All families are welcome! These concerts take place in a relaxed environment where audience members are welcome to be who they are and enjoy music together with family and friends.
- Learn more about the concert experience with our tip sheet and other preparatory materials!
- The Minnesota Orchestra may photograph or film portions of this experience for promotional and archival purposes. Please note that by entering, you consent to be photographed or filmed for these uses.
Accessibility at Orchestra Hall.
Location Orchestra Hall
1111 Nicollet Mall