May 4, 2021
For Everyone Who Mothers
In celebration of Mother's Day, Acting Associate Principal Bass Kathryn Nettleman offers a special greeting and a performance of the Allemande from Bach's Third Suite for Solo Cello to pay tribute to everyone who has taken on the role of a parent.
Plus, Kate shared this special insight:
Playing a solo on the double bass is a little bit like parenting!
- It's a BIG job!
- Your own Best Day might elicit a "meh" from observers
- There's always room for improvement and growth (ALWAYS)
- Moments of glory or grace are precious and hard-won
- You're sunk if you can't laugh at yourself
- It ain't always pretty, but it's totally worth it!
(We know that Mother's Day is tough for many, and we see you too. Please skip past this video if that feels best for you.)