September 29, 2020
Gluten Free Coconut Macaroon Recipe
Gather the ingredients needed for coconut macaroons, a favorite recipe from Sacré Sweet. Then settle in for a Minnesota Orchestra concert broadcast from your couch!
From our friends at Sacré Sweet
- 14 oz Dried Coconut, sweetened, shredded (1 bag)
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 ea egg whites, large, room temperature
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the dried coconut and condensed milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites and salt to medium-firm peaks, adding the vanilla extract near the end.
- Gently fold the eggs into the coconut mixture.
- Use a small portion scoop to form and drop individual balls of dough (approximately 1 ½ to 2-inches in diameter) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake approximately 8 minutes.
- Turn the pan so the cookies brown evenly, and bake an additional 2-4 minutes until edges brown and dough is set.
- Let cool on pan about 10 minutes before removing.
- As an added garnish, either drizzle melted chocolate on top or dip the bottoms in chocolate and let set on a clean piece of parchment.
Recipe yields approximately 24 cookies.